To disable / hide Caller Id when calling

Today I received a call from a person claiming to be calling from our bank. I noticed that the caller ID was hidden. This is a practice which in my view should be stopped. Imagine a person arriving at your company or house with his face hidden. Will you answer the door or will you call security or the police for assistance? Improved technology assists criminals to commit fraud and other crimes. In this case by not allowing the caller ID to be hidden will make life more difficult for criminals. Callers calling for legitimate reasons should not be worried to be identified. What is your view? Please participate in the poll.


1 comment:

Leon said...

Johan, I agree fully. At this stage I do not even answer a call if I cannot see the CLID. I regard it as very impolite, like you say. Regards, Leon http://www.lu.co.za

Contentment before, during and after a pandemic

As I write this, South Africa is now for eight months in a lockdown due to covid-19.   Currently, we are facing a second wave of infections ...